[AGENT++] Persistent storage of AGENT++ configuration

Alex Agranov Alex.Agranov at audiocodes.com
Tue Apr 15 18:23:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how to make my AGENT++ based application to store its "basic configuration" (e.g. community strings, notification targets and USM/VACM tables) in a configuration file, so that it can be restored when I restart my application. I found save() and load() methods in the Mib class - however there are still a few points that are unclear to me:
1)     According to the documentation save() method "saves all persistent MIB objects"; but how do I know which objects are persistent and which are not? For example, according to the comments in examples usm_mib() is a persistent object - but I don't see this mentioned anywhere in the documentation...
2)     Is it possible to somehow determine that one of the "persistent MIB objects" was changed and trigger call to save() method of Mib class? Or may be this functionality is already implemented by one of the AGENT++ classes?

Thank you in advance,
    Alex Agranov

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material. They are intended solely for the use of the designated individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message