[AGENT++] Setting OID as MIB string

Alex Agranov Alex.Agranov at audiocodes.com
Tue Aug 5 17:21:59 CEST 2008

Hi Igor,

As far as I know there is no "MIB dictionary" functionality in SNMP++/AGENT++.
But if you need one, you can easily create it in your application code. For example, use smidump utility (from libsmi library - http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/index.html) to generate "MIB dictionary file":
        smidump -fidentifiers $mib_file
Hash data from the generated file when your application starts up (you would typically need only lines of "scalar" or "column" type). And use this has whenever needed to resolve "MIB name" to OID.

Cheers,
     Alex