[AGENT++] SNMP++ on 64-bit architecture

Alex Agranov Alex.Agranov at audiocodes.com
Sun Aug 10 14:14:17 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been playing with my SNMP++ based application on 64-bit platform and noticed one minor inconsistency in SNMP++ API. Nothing serious, in fact - just a minor API clean-up...

The Vb class has get_value() and set_value() methods that take parameter of type "long" or "unsigned long" and set/get the SMI INT32 or UNIT32 values respectively. However on 64-bit platform "long" is defined as 64-bit number (as opposed to "int" that is defined as 32-bit number both on 32-bit and 64-bit). So it should probably be more appropriate to use "int" and "unsigned int" types instead. In fact, Vb class has corresponding methods with "int" type, but not with "unsigned int" type...

Best regards,
     Alex

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential material. They are intended solely for the use of the designated individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

If you have received this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete or destroy any copy of this message