[AGENT++] Process requests in multiple threads

Arnaud COMPAN compan at ipanematech.com
Thu Jan 3 11:50:45 CET 2008

Hi,

I use SNMP++ and AGENT++ for a long time now without problem.
Our agent has two threads: one that process datas and update the MIB and
the other that answer SNMP requests.
Note that I define _NO_THREADS and use my own lock. Basically, there is
a global mutex locking all the MIB.
Everything works fine.

Now, we try to use multiple threads to answer SNMP requests (because of
multi-core platforms) but the agent crash.
I've seen that AGENT++ can use a thread pool to process requests so it
should work.

Is there anything to do to process requests in multiple threads ?

Best regards,

Arnaud.