[AGENT++] Dynamic row creation problem

somenath.pal at wipro.com somenath.pal at wipro.com
Wed Jan 9 06:19:06 CET 2008

Hi All,

I  am developing SNMP agent using Agent++ . We have requirement which
says manager should be able to create row in MIB table dynamically.

I have the table as mentioned bellow

TrapRegistrationManagersEntry ::= SEQUENCE {

        TrapRegistrationManagersIPAddress

                IpAddress,

        TrapRegistrationManagersTrapReceivingPort

                Integer32,

        TrapRegistrationManagersTrapVersion

                SNMPversion,

        TrapRegistrationManagersTrapCommunity

                DisplayString,

        TrapRegistrationManagersTrapV3Users

                DisplayString,

        TrapRegistrationManagersReceiveAlarm

                TruthValue,

        TrapRegistrationManagersReceiveEvent

                TruthValue ,

         TrapRegistrationManagersRowStatus RowStatus

}

Now while trying to create the row using NetSnmp manger it is failing.It
throws the error

Error in packet.

Reason: wrongValue (The set value is illegal or unsupported in some way)

While trying to find the problem I found the

In the function "int MibTable::check_creation(Request* req, int& ind)"
it is failing

I investigate further down and found that in the bellow mentioned code

                        uint32 new_row_status = 0;

                        req->get_value(i).get_value(new_row_status);

Value of  new_row_status is 0 while I am passing 4 from manager .

I have a feeling that  I am missing something . Please let me know what
I am missing?

And is there some thing needed to be implemented to support creation of
dynamic row in MIB table?

Please help.

Regards,

Somenath