[AGENT++] Dynamic row creation problem

somenath.pal at wipro.com somenath.pal at wipro.com
Thu Jan 10 07:40:31 CET 2008

Hi ,

I found the problem.

Actually  I did not used the latest version of AGENT++ and SNMP++ and in
the earlier version of AGENT++ there is bug which is fixed in latest
version of AGENT++.

In the function int MibTable::check_creation(Request* req, int& ind)
(mib.cpp) the type of new_row_status is unint32

uint32 new_row_status = 0;

So req->get_value(i).get_value(new_row_status); is calling the  int
Vb::get_value(unsigned long &i) const (vb.cpp) and it is returning error
from this particular function .

In the latest version of  the code it is changed to

  int new_row_status = 0;

  req->get_value(i).get_value(new_row_status);

Regards,

Somenath

failing.It

>> throws the error

>> Error in packet.

>> Reason: wrongValue (The set value is illegal or unsupported in some
way)

>> While trying to find the problem I found the

>> In the function "int MibTable::check_creation(Request* req, int&
ind)"

>> it is failing

>> I investigate further down and found that in the bellow mentioned
code

>>                         uint32 new_row_status = 0;

>>                         req->get_value(i).get_value(new_row_status);

>> Value of  new_row_status is 0 while I am passing 4 from manager .

>> I have a feeling that  I am missing something . Please let me know
what

>> I am missing?

>> And is there some thing needed to be implemented to support creation
of

>> dynamic row in MIB table?

>> Please help.

>> Regards,

>> Somenath

>> The information contained in this electronic message and any
attachments

>to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
and

>may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you
are

>not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or
copy

>this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all
copies of

>this message and any attachments.

>> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient

>should check this email and any attachments for the presence of
viruses.