[AGENT++] how to run/test SNMP++v3.2 and AGENT++v3.5

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Jan 11 22:21:28 CET 2008

Hi again,

> Now I want to run the programs. What should I do ? How should I test
> them. Which programs should I run?

agent++ comes with several example agents. For example you can just run
agent++/examples/atm_mib/src/agent

All example agents listen for requests on UDP port 4700.

To send requests to the agent, you can use the snmp++ consoleExamples:
A call to
snmp++/consoleExamples/snmpNext localhost -P4700
will result in the response
Oid = 1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1.0
Value = AGENT++v3.5.29 ATM Simulation Agent

A SNMPv3 example would be
snmp++/consoleExamples/snmpNext localhost -P4700 -v3 -snMD5DES -sl3
-authMD5 -privDES -uaMD5DESUserAuthPassword -upMD5DESUserPrivPassword

> Is there a User Manual for how to use SNMP++v3.2 and AGENT++v3.5 ?

agent++ comes with doxygen documentation, snmp++ is prepared for doxygen
documentation, but the generated files are not included. You can either
create them yourself, or go to http://sa-ha.de/tmp_doc/