[AGENT++] Process requests in multiple threads

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Jan 11 22:21:36 CET 2008

Hi,

> I've recompiled everything (snmp++, agent++, our agent) with threads
> enabled in order to use AGENT++ thread pool for requests processing.

> I've got a crash and gdb gives me the following stack:

> 110		  { return load(pdu, community, version, 0, 0, 0); };

a crash at this line should be impossible, as this line just takes the
arguments and passes them to the next function, which is the same as
Snmpx::send() did before, when it called load().

One cause could be the usage of shared libs: Make sure that the runtime
linker uses the same shared libraries that were used during compilation.

If the libs are ok, some thread has corrupted the memory: Can you
reproduce the crash? Does it occur at random times? Does it also happen
if you disable your own update threads?

Hope this helps,