[AGENT++] Question on sending traps

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sun Jan 13 23:43:29 CET 2008

Hello My,

To implement such a throttle function does not fit
into the "trap directed polling" design of SNMP.
You should not delay traps to reduce bandwith,
simply do not send them. Better aggregate low
level traps into higher level ones at design
time.

Consequently, AGENT++ does not provide a trap
throttle (UDP packets get lost if the transport
is overloaded anyway).