[AGENT++] [SNMP++] Trap Receiver Problem

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Mar 28 20:15:09 CET 2008

H Saleem,

> Thanks for the information. Since I am using net-snmp snmptrap for sending
> the traps, I suspect the net-snmp trap sender is failing to update the
> engine boot and time  values.

at least the snmptrap from net-snmp 5.4rc2 tries to save its boot
counter in /var/lib/net-snmp/snmpapp.conf. As soon as I allowed write
access to this file, the boot counter is increased with every call.
Unfortunately snmptrap _appends_ with each run 700 bytes to this file...

> I would look for an alternative trap generator
> that would send all the values correctly.
> Can you suggest any tool that i could use and that is an free downloadable
> supporting v3 traps.

You could modify the snmp++ snmpTraps.cpp example for your needs.