[AGENT++] Core dump related to rows being removed from agentX tables?

john.edmonds at bt.com john.edmonds at bt.com
Thu May 8 16:26:55 CEST 2008

Hello Frank,

I have tested your suggestion below and the situation is definitely improved, but I have just got another core dump.  I have been running my code for 1 week with constant SNMP gets and remove_row()/allocate_index() every couple of minutes.

Can you tell me, do I need the mib_lock() and sync() functions you suggested around allocate_index() as well as remove_row()?

Also, I notice in the example, subagent.cpp, there is a suggestion that the call to remove_row() is coded such that mib->process_request() and ifTable->remove_row() can't be executing at the same time, as they would be on the same thread.  Should this be necessary?