[AGENT++] AgenPro2 bug?

michael.carr at bt.com michael.carr at bt.com
Wed Nov 5 09:54:10 CET 2008

Hi all,

I've had to update one of our MIBs recently and so downloaded the latest
version (2.7.2) of AgenPro2, having used version 2.6 before.  On
generating the code I noticed that there is a difference to the array of
index OIDs created for my table (which is passed into
AgentXSharedTable).

I'm only using a single index in my table and with version 2.6 of
AgenPro2 it generated the array containing the OID of the 'entry' but
with the latest version of AgenPro2 it now generates the array
containing the OID of the index.  Looking at the comments in the
agentx_subagent.h file for this parameter it says:

	 * @param indexOIDs
	 *    an array of size "size" with the OIDs of the index
	 *    objects.

which would appear to make sense, the code generated by version 2.7.2.
of AgenPro is correct but that generated by version 2.6 of AgenPro was
incorrect.

I've tried a test MIB containing a table with a couple of indexes and
version 2.7 generates an array of OIDs with those of the two different
indexes, using 2.6 it generates an array with two of the same OID, that
of the 'entry'.

Is the code generated by version 2.7 correct and there was a bug in
version 2.6?  What are the effects of the incorrect code generated by
version 2.6?

Thanks,
Mike