[AGENT++] Question about agent

Raúl Mellado raulmellado at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:19:58 CET 2008

   Hi there,
   I'm building a SMTP agent which will be in the middle between an app I
developed and a SMTP Manager. My application sends traces (WARNING, ERROR,
etc.) to a UDP port. Then my agent (built based on the dynamic table example
[should I use another as a base instead?]), whenever gets a request from the
Manager, should convert these propietary error messages to SMTP messages
(using a MIB I'm defining), plus send some traps when some services crash...
   Now my question is: this is not like the Coffee Percolator, where
whenever the agent gets a request, it queries the temperature; this would be
constantly receiving events and having to re-send them; might there be some
synchronism problems if we get too many packets? What would be the best
approach for this? Also, I should have some kind of watchdog checking for
some possible services down, ready to send traps; should I integrate all of
this in the same place?
   Thank you so much for your help! Agent++ has made my life much easier,
and I have learnt a lot about SMTP thanks to it!
    Best regards from Spain,

   Raul

P.S. Excuse my English...