[AGENT++] limit on Log size

Ramasubramanian Venkataraman venkiram_be at yahoo.co.in
Sun Oct 19 12:40:08 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have been running my agent quite somtime and when i look at the logs it doesnt have any recent transcation. everytime to get the log i used to clean the log contents in the log file  and it works.

1)Is there any limit on the LOG size and will there be any impact to the performance if i enable all the logs.
my log implimentation for agent++ as follows

                        DefaultLog::init(new AgentLogImpl(agentlogfile));
                        // DefaultLog::init(new AgentLogImpl(log_file));
                        DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(ERROR_LOG, 5);
                        DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(WARNING_LOG, 5);
                        DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(EVENT_LOG, 5);
                        DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(INFO_LOG, 5);
                        DefaultLog::log()->set_filter(DEBUG_LOG, 5);
2) Also is there any limitation on Concurrent SNMP request to the agent. My Client sends 5 set  request at a time and some times the agent hangs and could not recieve any response.

Advance Thanks,

Venkataraman