[AGENT++] snmp++ get v3 problem

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sun Aug 2 14:29:21 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Correct command line works fine:
>
>  ./snmpGet 10.10.1.8 -v3  -sl2 -sncking -uadaytona19y -authMD5
>
> The error message from the library was somewhat misleading, though:
> SNMP++ Get Error, SNMPv3: USM: Unsupported SecurityLevel (1403)
>
> The problem was not the Security Level, but an incorrect authProtocol
> error.

yes, but this was caused by the consoleExample that ignored the wrong
-auth param and added the user without authentication protocol (without
informing the user about this). Therefore the error of snmp++ is
correct: this user does not support the requested security level.

I will change the consoleExamples to do more error checking...