[AGENT++] Error message: Unknown pdu handlers

Robert Voigt robert.voigt at thalesgroup.com
Fri Dec 18 15:51:08 CET 2009

This is a follow-up to a message I posted here in May 2006:
http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/agentpp/2006-May/003490.html

I hit the same problem again.

Using snmp++-3.2.23-1, I run periodically multiple SNMPv3 GET requests
to different agents, each request in a thread of its own. Sometimes I
get the error back from snmp++: SNMPv3: Unknown pdu handlers (-1415).

The scenario I am looking at has 5 different agents with 11 GET requests
to different OIDs each, polled once a second each. The error occurs
every few seconds to minutes.

I have verified that the engine IDs of the agents are different. The
manager is also an agent if that matters.

This time the multi-threaded requests are mandatory. I can't work around
by making them sequential. It would take too long until the last request
times out when the agent is unreachable.

I suspect a problem with thread safety in snmp++. It'd be nice if
someone could look at it.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Robert Voigt
Software Engineer
Thales Deutschland - Air Systems

Phone:  + 49 711 86032 – 234
Fax:     + 49 711 86032 – 9 – 222
Email:  robert.voigt at thalesgroup.com
Thales ATM GmbH
Lilienthalstraße 2 - 70825 Korntal-Münchingen - Germany
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Domicile of the Company: 70825 Korntal-Münchingen
Amtsgericht/ District Court: HRB 207307, Stuttgart
Geschäftsführer/Managing Director: Sven Carstensen

Bitte beachten Sie die geänderte Email Adresse.
Please note that the email address has changed.