[AGENT++] Compiling the SNMP++ library using QT and QT Creator

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Wed Jun 3 21:53:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

> Yes, but QT is using mingw, which "is a port of the GNU Compiler
> Collection (GCC)" . So, I'm using GNUC but I don't use UNIX.

so you're obviously the first, who uses snmp++ with mingw compiler.
As a temporary workaround, I changed the config_snmp_pp.h to not assume
the _r functions and inet_aton are available.
see http://oosnmp.com/~katz/snapshot/ for the latest snapshot of snmp++.

> I removed it and also I removed the thread support.
>
> #define _NO_THREADS

This should not be neccessary.

> and I started compiling again. New error :  m_hThread in uxsnmp.cpp
> is undeclared.

This was a bug in 3.2.23 which has been fixed in 3.2.24