[AGENT++] MacOS X Leopard Port / Build Macintosh

Xochitl Lunde Xochitl_Lunde at tripplite.com
Tue Jun 9 18:25:14 CEST 2009

I am posting mainly to inform list users of my progress with AGENT++ on
Mac OS X.

Several months ago, I requested help with porting Agent++, AgentX++,
SNMP++, and libdes to MacOS X.  I had some trouble doing this because I
tried to use the latest snapshot, but the application I needed the Agent
libraries for used the following versions:

#define AGENTPP_VERSION_STRING "3.5.29"
#define SNMP_PP_VERSION_STRING "3.2.23"
AgentX++ v1.4.16

I believe I have accomplished a port of these versions of the libraries to
MacOS by creating my own makefiles and making some mac-specific changes,
mostly to definitions.  So far I have only done limited execution tests to
see that the executable does not fail to run because of missing symbols in
Agent dylibs.  My Mac platform is OSXv 10.5.7 Intel using g++ v.
i686-apple-darwin9-g++-4.0.1.

I am not skilled with make rules, so I have used the automake to
accomplish all of this.  Is there any opportunity for at least the
non-makefile changes to make it back into the codebase if I post patches?

Xochitl