[AGENT++] (no subject)

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Thu Mar 26 23:00:27 CET 2009

Hi,

> i have develop a small agent program from sample.....but when i am
> trying to set the value than it is not working..... Is we have to
> implement some function of MibLeaf which i have inherited in my
> class...to hadle set request.

the only thing, you have to do, is to pass READWRITE to the constructor
of MibLeaf class. The MibLeaf class has already everything implemented
for setting new values.

The atm_mib example has the leaf agentppTestTimeout that implements a
easy settable leaf.

If you already set the READWRITE access, it is most likely a VACM
configuration problem, i.e. the used user/community is not allowed to
write the oid. What is the error code in the response? What does the
agent log?