[AGENT++] agent++ help

Vikram Bhuskute vikrambhuskute at gmail.com
Fri May 22 14:36:24 CEST 2009

Hi,
      i got agent++ 3.5.29 and other dependencies.
I am new to it hence some silly questions

1. What is the use of mibs/ folder ? they are not need for agent to run
right ?
    I mean the example agents could run without mibs.

2. How to generate V3 traps ? I tried using add_v3_trap_destination
  but didnt work. According to
http://lists.agentpp.org/pipermail/agentpp/2004-July/002495.html
  we should not use it . Is it still correct .

3. I tried v3 trap

       Vbx* vbs = 0;
       coldStartOid coldOid;
       NotificationOriginator no;
       UdpAddress dest("127.0.0.1/162");
       no.add_v3_trap_destination(dest, "defaultV1Trap", "v3trap",
"public");
       no.generate(vbs, 0, coldOid, "", "");

and got following error

    Notification not sent (reason) (addr) (params): (no access),

but with v1_trap  above is working fine

4. I have mib browser there i tried to pur protocol preference as snmpv3
and was running examples/dynamic_table/src/agent ... and got error
 RequestList: SNMPv3 auth failure