[AGENT++] agent++ help

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Mon May 25 22:39:54 CEST 2009

Hi,

> 1. How to set  engine Id of trap receiver ? ( i tried  Following
>
>   usm->add_usm_user("vab",
>          SNMPv3_usmHMACMD5AuthProtocol, SNMPv3_usmDESPrivProtocol,
>                "passsword", "password","123456");

if the engine id is "123456" this is ok. If you don't know the engine
id, use the add_usm_user function without engine id to use discovery.

> 2. how to generate trap instead of inform ?

This is the problem with the add_v3_trap_destination() function. It
currently adds entries to create an inform (I'm changing it for the next
release, as the function has trap inside its name). Additionally the
security level is set to noAuthNoPriv.
If you change the function to call
snmpNotifyEntry::instance->add_entry(name, tag, TRAP) you will get a trap