[AGENT++] Privacy key change for SHA users

Alex Agranov alex.agranov at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 20:30:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

I've built a simple SNMPv3 agent using AGENT++ v3.5.29 and SNMP++ 3.2.23.
I also use MG-SOFT MIB Browser Pro to manipulate USM users table (clone rows
and change authentication and privacy passwords).

I noticed a weird thing : change of privacy protocol seems to work fine for
MD5 users. However I'm getting "wrong length" error when I try to change
privacy protocol for any entry that uses SHA as authentication protocol .

Is there any know issue with AGENT++ and SHA users privacy key change?
Release notes seem to imply that this should be working starting from
v3.5.25 - but for some reason it doesn't in my setup...

Thank you in advance.
     Alex Agranov

P.S. I'm running on 32-bit Linux (CentOS 5.3) if this matters... It's also
worth noting that regular SNMPv3 communication using SHA users works just
fine...