[AGENT++] [Fwd: RE: snmpv3 - question on usm use of engine_id , time window]

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Sat Oct 10 14:20:00 CEST 2009

OK, forwarding it as inline...

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	RE: [AGENT++] snmpv3 - question on usm use of engine_id , time
window
Datum: 	Tue, 6 Oct 2009 19:52:12 -0500
Von: 	Anurag Jain <anuragjain026 at hotmail.com>
An: 	<katz at agentpp.com>, <agentpp at agentpp.org>
Referenzen: 	<BLU123-W42569F6909EFC61D3CAD21F9800 at phx.gbl>
<BLU123-W249B0AFE18252159EBEB23F9D60 at phx.gbl>

Thanks for the reply..

On scenario TWO below we tried using v3MP::remove_engine_id  which
delegates to USM::remove_engine_id
and clears the usm_time table as well , so it has the same effect as the
USM::remove_time_information. It
does not solve the problem , could you suggest another way or workaround
to clear the internal state per enginedID so as to make this work.
Note: the error via wire shark seems to indicate  that the agent is
sending usmStatsNotInTimeWindows report errors.

we are using : SNMP++v3.2.21a , could this have been fixed in a later
release ?