[AGENT++] problem with SYNTAX BITS

Jacquemin, Jean-Philippe jean-philippe.jacquemin at barco.com
Tue Sep 1 11:22:43 CEST 2009

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your answer.
However I have downloaded the latest MIB Explorer Pro that I am using
with an evaluation licence and I have the same problem : my value is not
seen as a bitfield but as an integer.

For example when my error value is 3, I should see : error1+error2 (bit1
+ bit2 active) but I get error3(3) !!

Here is the exact piece of MIB file:
"
        -- 1.3.6.1.4.1.12612.220.11.2.2.4.10
        lampErrorStatus OBJECT-TYPE
                        SYNTAX BITS
                            {
                            lampOK(0),
                            error1(1),
                            error2(2),
                            error3(4),
                            error4(8)
                            }
                        MAX-ACCESS      read-only
                        STATUS  current
                        DESCRIPTION
                                "This is the projector (system) status.
                                ........."
                        ::= { lampProperties 10 }
"

and the corresponding SnmpAgent code :

(MidDatabase constructino)

  if ((enReturnValue != CError::eNoError)
      || (m_poidLampErrorStatus = new Oidx((Oidx(*m_poidLampProperties)
+= m_dwLampErrorStatus) += (DWORD)0)) == NULL
      || (pInt32 = new SnmpInt32((SDWORD)0)) == NULL
      || (pMibLeaf = new MibLeaf(*m_poidLampErrorStatus, READONLY,
pInt32)) == NULL
      || add(pMibLeaf) == NULL)
  {
    enReturnValue = CError::eMibBuildingError;
  }

(Value feed)

        if (pMibLeaf)
        {