[AGENT++] Why not use stl?

Dominik Vogt dominik.vogt at external.thalesgroup.com
Thu Aug 5 11:08:07 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 10:44:56AM +0200, Evgeny Sabelskiy wrote:
>    imho it is not good reason to replace one List.h by external big .so or
>    .dll dynamic library.

Actually, the stl is not a dynamic library but a collection of
template classes and does not need to be linked at run time.  It
is widely available and well tested, has decent memory management
and a host of available container classes that could be useful.

I'm not at the moment suggesting to replace the existing list and
array implementations.  All I want to know is if it's acceptable
to use stl classes for further library development.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^