[AGENT++] Why not use stl?

dominik.vogt at external.thalesgroup.com dominik.vogt at external.thalesgroup.com
Fri Aug 6 10:45:54 CEST 2010

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 11:36:30PM +0200, Frank Fock wrote:
>    When AGENT++ has been initially developed, stl
>    was not compilable on many operating systems,
>    because of bugs in the C++ compilers regarding templates.
>
>    This might have changed now (hopefully), however I still
>    not think that it would be a good idea to import a big
>    library for a very few functions.

You don't have to "import" anything.  Compilers usually have built
in the stl, and all you have to do is to include the header files
you actually need.  For example, if you need a vector in a
specific file, you simply "#include <vector>" and that's it.  No
linking is required at build or run time, and no additional
compiler options.

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^