[AGENT++] Nice to meet you, all.

wancheng82 wancheng82 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 01:53:21 CET 2010

Sorry for my unclear description.
Thank you for telling me the info:
>On the agent side you use agent++. agent++ receives the request of the
>manager and the request goes through agent++ until (for snmp get
>requests) the MibLeaf::get_request() function is called. You can
>override this function to get the value through whatever desired
>mechanism (e.g. contact a database).

But I still have a question, look this pseudo-code:
class A : public MibLeaf
{
public:
get_request();
get_request_callback(Response);
};

MibLeaf::get_request()
{
    /* send msg to MSTP protocol process, to get the runtime info from
        MSTP process.
        It just send the request, and we will get the info from MSTP by
        get_request_callback() */
    send_to_mstp_process(SendToMsg, get_request_callback);
}

get_request_callback(Response)
{
     //The info from MSTP is in Response
}

Because I should get info from different process, and it is by
asynchronized I/O(my system is using asynchronized I/O to do the IPC, and I should follow this rule).
The question is:
When leaving MibLeaf::get_request() member function, I still not get the info I want, how should I resolve this question?

Thank you.

Robin

2010-01-12

wancheng82