[AGENT++] How to update usm user's passwords?

Yasemin YILMAZ yaseyilmaz at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 10:09:05 CEST 2010

Hi Jochen,

Thanks so much for your explanation. I think that the function addNewUser
inserts a new row. Over your reply I've looked corresponding source code.

The function addNewRow of UsmUserTable calls add_localized_user, it calls
the function usm_user_table->add_entry. And in here new user and table's row
are compared as following code:

  for (int i = 0; i < entries; i++)
    if (unsignedCharCompare(table[i].usmUserName,
table[i].usmUserNameLength,
                user_name.data(), user_name.len()))
      if (unsignedCharCompare(table[i].usmUserEngineID,
                  table[i].usmUserEngineIDLength,
                  engine_id.data(), engine_id.len()))
      {
    /* delete this entry */
    delete_entry(i);
    break;
      }

Then new entry is added, isn't it? Is my perception correct: when the
function addNewRow called, it deletes then adds new row if it finds an
existing entry?

Thanks in advance for your helps

Best regards,
Yasemin