[AGENT++] License & maintenance questions

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Sep 2 22:21:30 CEST 2010

Hi,

Although the AGENT++ license has not caused any trouble
in the past ten (!) years, I am aware of the fact
that many companies today, review their open source
usage and try to use a few standard classes of licenses
only.

LGPL is not a solution and GPL will not allow current
users to upgrade into new releases. A multi-path
licensing is not a solution either.

 From my point of view, the Apache 2.0 License is the
only way out.

The SNMP++ license and terms will not be modified,
as the code base copyright is owned by Peter Mellquist
and Hewlett Packard.

If there are no objection by the AGENT++ users, then
I will release AGENT++ 3.6 (then the next release)
under the Apache 2.0 license:

http://www.snmp4j.org/LICENSE-2_0.txt

http://www.snmp4j.com