[AGENT++] notification-log-mib questions

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Fri Sep 10 21:16:07 CEST 2010

Hi Frank,

there is an additional issue I found today while testing the
snmpNotifyFilterTable:

With a filter which excludes the trap OID, the trap is not added to
the notificationLogTable, but it is send anyway?

That is wrong according the http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3413#page-15

(1) Any appropriate filtering mechanisms are applied to determine
        whether the notification should be sent to the management
target.
        If such filtering mechanisms determine that the notification
        should not be sent, processing continues with the next
management
        target.

and http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3413#page-64

Otherwise, if matching entries do exist, a notification may be sent
    if the NOTIFICATION-TYPE OBJECT IDENTIFIER of the notification (this
    is the value of the element of the variable bindings whose name is
    snmpTrapOID.0, i.e., the second variable binding) is specifically
    included, and none of the object instances to be included in the
    variable-bindings of the notification are specifically excluded by
    the matching entries.

With best regards,

Claus