[AGENT++] Exception 128 with snmpGet

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Mon Apr 25 21:49:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

> I'm using the atm_mib example but instead of user the atm_mib I use my own mib
> module.  When I issued an snmpGet as below:
>
> ./snmpGet localhost 1.3.6.1.4.1.3231.1.5.3.1.0 -v3 -P4700 -snunsecureUser -sl1 -cnother

> Exception: 128 occured.

This is sNMP_SYNTAX_NOSUCHOBJECT.

>     vacm->addNewGroup(SNMP_SECURITY_MODEL_USM, "unsecureUser",
>                      "newGroup", storageType_nonVolatile);
>     vacm->addNewGroup(SNMP_SECURITY_MODEL_USM, "unsecureUser",
>                      "testNoPrivGroup", storageType_nonVolatile);

This is an error, you cannot map unsecreUser to both newGroup and
testNoPrivGroup.

The other settings look ok, although there are more than actually needed.

> I'm also seeing these messages:
>    USMUserTable: No entry for (security name) in table: ()
>    USMUserNameTable: No entry for (security name) in table: ()

These are normal for the moment, because an empty security name is used
for discovery.

I suggest that you increase all log levels and do a snmpNext on 1.3 to
see what is going on.