[AGENT++] R: pure virtual method called

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Fri Feb 18 21:22:46 CET 2011

Hi,

> this error appears when the code is cross-compiled for ARM and
> running on a ARM9 CPU. If compiled for i386 it doesn't produce the
> error and works correctly!
>
> Here is the gdb output for ARM (with the error). The error appears
> when sending a snmpv1 trap, around mib->notify()

you get an error, where it definitely should not occur. I suggest the
following:
- Double check that the compiler flags and defines (_SNMPv3, IPv6,...)
are the same when compiling snmp++, agent++ and the agent
- Do you use shared libraries of snmp++ and agent++? If yes, double
check that the cross compiler/linker uses the same libraries as the
runtime linker on the ARM platform.
- Are the snmp++ consoleExample working as expected (snmpTraps and
receive_trap)?
- Does the agent++ atm_mib example agent work as expected? This example
agent also uses mib->notify().

Hope this helps,