[AGENT++] Handling result of missing object?

dominik.vogt at external.thalesgroup.com dominik.vogt at external.thalesgroup.com
Mon Jan 24 14:47:00 CET 2011

I don't know how to handle this properly:

* An snmp manager based on snmp++ queries some oid from some snmp
  agent, say 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.10101 (column 8, row 10101 in
  some table).  In case it matters:  In the same request other
  oids in the same table and totally unrelated oids.

* The row with 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.8.10101 does not exist, and in
  the response, the agent properly says "no such object".

* The async response is received by the manager.  Later on the
  code calls pdu.get_vb(vb, ...) for the missing object which returns
  TRUE.

* vb.get_value() does not return SNMP_CLASS_INVALID (I actually
  did not check that ..._SUCCESS is returned, but in the source I
  see that if it's not ...INVALID, it must be ...SUCCESS).
  The actual value returned is some random value from an earlier
  request into that table.

How do I detect that the response did not contain a value at all?

Ciao

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--

Dominik Vogt