[AGENT++] Size limit of an OctetString inside a MibTable ?

Jacquemin, Jean-Philippe jean-philippe.jacquemin at barco.com
Fri Jul 1 10:45:33 CEST 2011

Thanks Jochen,

I will try to enlarge the max to 16K for the moment.
However I am wondering what the impact would be on the agent ?

I guess the MAX_SNMP_PACKET parameter is used to initialize the snmp
communication buffers, so my memory footprint would be much larger (I
use it as an embedded application using the threadpool of I think the
default 5 threads).

Are there any other effects of setting this parameter to a higher limit
? Slowier communication or anything else I should consider... ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe