[AGENT++] agent stops responding after some time.

Jacquemin, Jean-Philippe jean-philippe.jacquemin at barco.com
Thu Sep 1 17:17:35 CEST 2011

Dear All,

I am facing right now some issue in the deployment of the snmp agent I
have developed.

It seems to suddenly stop after some time, but it is not a crash.

Actually my process is still running (checked with 'ps') but in some
cases I do not see the 5 threads from the communication thread pool
anymore.

Diagnostics from the user is simply that the agent stopped responding.

My questions:

-          what are the cases for the agent to stop working (I think I
could reproduce by changing the IP address while the system is running,
eventhough it is stupid) ?

-          how can I diagnose problems remotely (test command on the
snmp port?) before having to telnet to the system ?

-          what are the possibilities that the snmp ports (161 and 162)
are blocked by something ?

Sorry if the questions sound basic and stupid but I do not have more
context information so far, and I cannot reproduce myself.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe

DISCLAIMER:
Unless indicated otherwise, the information contained in this message is privileged and confidential, and is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above and others who have been specifically authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and/or attachments is strictly prohibited. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. Furthermore, the company does not warrant a proper and complete transmission of this information, nor does it accept liability for any delays. If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the message. Thank you.