[AGENT++] Troubles with the SNMP4J-HEARTBEAT-MIB example

Neumiller, Phil Phil.Neumiller at saabsensis.com
Mon Apr 9 22:33:28 CEST 2012

We have recently purchased AgenPro and MIB explorer lite.  I am trying
to implement the SNMP4J-HEARTBEAT-MIB.  I have compiled the SMI MIB with
AgenPro and added the generated class to an agent (I know works).

Inside the agent constructor I create the MO as follows

snmp4j = new SNMP4JHEARTBEATMIB(DefaultMOFactory.getInstance());

The mib variable is just snmp4j.

Then in the RegisterManagedObjects() function of the agent I do

/**

                * Register additional managed objects at the agent's
server.

                */

                @Override

                protected void registerManagedObjects() {

                try {

                   snmp4j.registerMOs(server, new
OctetString("public"));

The above all seems to work fine.

My problem is when I try to Query the MIB object snmp4jAgentHBRefTime in
MIB Explorer Lite I get a "General variable binding error".  What am I
doing wrong?

Thank you,

Phil

-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately.
-