[AGENT++] SNMP++ Get Error, SNMP: Variable does not exist

Claus Klein claus.klein at arcormail.de
Mon Dec 17 23:31:40 CET 2012

Hi,

for me this is still the best introduction to understand SNMP MIB's:

Understanding SNMP MIBs by David T. Perkins and Evan McGinnis (Dec 13,
1996)

http://books.google.de/books/about/Understanding_SNMP_MIBs.html?id=ahofAQAAIAAJ&redir_esc=y

The MIB is the interface specification for a subsystem, protocol,
device, ...

The same MIB can be implemented with different frameworks and languages.

But the MIB designs which type an OID has and if it is a scalar, or
part of an table entry.

With regards,

Claus