[AGENT++] GET request with bad IOR

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Mon Jun 18 21:28:51 CEST 2012

Hello,

> Sorry, -6 is the callback reason. The error status is 2, Variable
> does not exist.

-6 is SNMP_CLASS_ASYNC_RESPONSE, so the agent has answered the request.

>> we are using SNMP++ V3.2 (SNMPv2 only) with GET PDUs containing many
>> IORs. We noticed that the entire GET request fails with status -6 if
>> only a single IOR is unknown and rejected by the agent. Is this intended
>> behaviour or are we missing something? Is it not possible to get the
>> existing parameters in spite of single erroneous IORs?

As the PDU can hold only one error status and error index, an agent has
nochance to return more than one error to the manager. So it stops
processing the request at the first error and returns error status and
the index. The manager should remove the Vb with the returned index and
try again.