[AGENT++] GET request with bad IOR

Wernke zur Borg w.zurborg at rheagroup.com
Tue Jun 19 08:36:06 CEST 2012

On 2012-06-18 21:28, Jochen Katz wrote:
>>> we are using SNMP++ V3.2 (SNMPv2 only) with GET PDUs containing many
>>> IORs. We noticed that the entire GET request fails with status -6 if
>>> only a single IOR is unknown and rejected by the agent. Is this intended
>>> behaviour or are we missing something? Is it not possible to get the
>>> existing parameters in spite of single erroneous IORs?
> As the PDU can hold only one error status and error index, an agent has
> nochance to return more than one error to the manager. So it stops
> processing the request at the first error and returns error status and
> the index. The manager should remove the Vb with the returned index and
> try again.

Ok, thank you for the advice. We will have to solve the problem this way.

Regards, Wernke

This email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged
information or information otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately, do not copy this message
or any attachments and do not use it or any purpose or disclose its content to any
person, but delete this message and any attachments from your system.
RHEA System S.A. (RHEA) disclaims any and all liability if this email transmission
was virus corrupted, altered or falsified.

If a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) exists between RHEA and the receiving
organization, then all contents shall be considered proprietary and covered under
the NDA.