No subject

Sun Mar 11 03:57:02 CET 2012

CASE 1: Multiple SNMP agents, each one running as seperate process/daemon
  Mmh, you can easily do that but there is a drawback.
  Just one can service SNMP requests at the well know SNMP port 161.
  All the others must use different UDP ports.

CASE 2: Multiple MIB implementations or Proxy for multiple SNMP agents (on
other network nodes)
  REQUIRES: SNMPv3 or SNMPv1/2c with a community name to SNMP context
mapping (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB?)
  Use one SNMP context for each "agent".
  It would be probably best, it implement each "agent functionality" in a
SNMP subagent (via AgentX).
  A simple SNMP master delegates then requests to each subagent by using
the SNMP context as
  additional criteria (if 2 "agents" support managed objects with the same
OID, for example the IF-MIB).

CASE 3: Each "Agent" provides a unique portion of the overall MIB or unique
rows within some shared MIB tables
  Classical SNMP master agent/subagent use case.

Ciao,
Jens

P.S: Multiple Snmpx+RequestList+Mib objects does not make any sense.
Each Snmpx can listen at its own port.
Multiple Snmpx objects cannot listen at the same port.
Therefore, there may be a CASE 1b: All agents implemented in one process.
I just don't if there are some internal assumptions and static objects that
kill this case.
Therefore, you may be better off using CASE 1.

Jens Engel, Marconi Communications GmbH.

|---------+---------------------------------->
|         |                   BS             |
|         |                   <zen77 at o2.pl>  |
|         |                   Gesendet von:  |
|         |                   agentpp-bounces|
|         |                   @agentpp.org   |
|         |                                  |
|         |                                  |
|         |                   23.04.2005     |
|         |                   00:20          |
|         |                                  |
|---------+---------------------------------->
  >------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                        |
  |        An:      agentpp at agentpp.org                                                                                    |
  |        Kopie:                                                                                                          |
  |        Blindkopie:                                                                                                     |
  |        Thema:   [AGENT++] Several agents in one app                                                                    |

Hello,

In my application, I would like to have several agents running with
different mib trees at the same time. I mean sveral sets of
Snmpx+RequestList+Mib objects. Documentation of Mib class says that it
is a singleton. However there is possible to create more than one
instance of Mib class. My question is: Can it be done as described above
or only one agent per app is supported?