No subject

Sun Mar 11 03:57:02 CET 2012

hold the necessary information for a master agent to send traps to a
management application.  The example master agent code contains a cold
start trap with a local host address, this can be changed but means it
is hard coded.

- What is the normal way to set the destination of such a cold start
trap given that the two MIBs I mentioned before contain the destinations
for traps and, if I understand it correctly, those MIBs are contained in
the master and can't be set by a management application until the master
is up and running by which point it should have already attempted to
send its cold start trap (but to where?).  It seems a bit like "which
came first, the chicken or the egg", have I misunderstood how it should
be done?

- Along similar lines, if I know some destination addresses for
management applications and they could be read by the master from a file
and added to the previously mentioned MIBs by it.  Would that be the
right way to do it?

Cheers,
Mike