[AGENT++] Including/Using SNMP++

Nurhuda Ismail nurhuda at ecava.com
Mon Mar 26 08:12:12 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am a new user of snmp++. I've downloaded the snmp++, libdes and msvc
files. I've built staticLIB.sln and there were no errors. However, when I
try to include the library with the snmpTraps console example, when I
compile, there are 66 errors.
The following are some of the errors:

Error    2    error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++
does not support default-int    c:\documents and
settings\administrator\desktop\snmp++\consoleexamples\snmp_pp\config_snmp_pp.h
193
where the error is: typedef SOCKET SnmpSocket;

Error    39    error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++
does not support default-int    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio
9.0\vc\include\pthread.h    30
where the error is: typedef struct _pthread_descr_struct*_pthread_descr;

(There are many other error C4430.)

Error    16    error C2146: syntax error : missing ')' before identifier
'pid'    c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 9.0\vc\include\sched.h
50
where the error is: int sched_getparam(pid_t pid, struct sched_param* p);

Error    56    error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'SnmpSocket'
c:\documents and
settings\administrator\desktop\snmp++\consoleexamples\snmp_pp\uxsnmp.h
509
where the error is: SnmpSocket fd = INVALID_SOCKET,

I have been trying to run agent++/snmp++ exampples for quite some time but
haven't succeeded. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.