[AGENT++] When I kill snmpd process, my application crashes

Michal Lp mylp1976 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 08:52:15 CEST 2013

Hi

I'm using AGENT++ 3.5.31, AgentX++ 1.4.18, SNMP++ 3.2.25 (I purchased the
license)

I faced this issue, when I kill *snmpd* process (pkill snmpd), my
application crashes.

I added some debug prints and see that it happens at this line: *
content.remove(&o)*; (in method void AgentXSharedTable::remove_row(const
Oidx& ind))

content.remove calls:

                void remove(Oidx* oidptr) {

                                T* t = find(oidptr);

                                content->del(oidptr);

                                if (t) delete t;

                }

Which calls

void OidxPtrEntryPtrAVLMap::del(OidxPtr  item)

{

  if (root == 0) return;

  _need_rebalancing = 0;

  _already_found = 0;

  _found_node = 0;

  _target_item = &item;

  _del(root, root);

  if (_found_node)

  {

    delete(_found_node);

    if (--count == 0)

      root = 0;

I can't add debug prints there, so I can't say what cause the crash, and it
is also seems very protected, (checking the pointers before deleting them)

Did you face this kind of situation? Can you please assist?

Thanks,

Michal.