[AGENT++] SNMP Walk creates 66% CPU load

Gangadhar Sandrani gangadhar.sandrani at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 10:36:15 CEST 2013

Hi  All,

In addition to my previous post i am adding few more information.

I am using Agent++ 3.5.29 version working on a powerpc target with linux
kernel version 3.0.4. I use net-snmp to do a SNMP walk and i see an average
of 45 requests get processed and it consumes CPU load of around 58.5% .
Below is the summary of CPU usage by different tasks, created by agent++.

         Process Name

% CPU Load

         snmpAgent

    40.8

         agentpp-1

    3.4

         agentpp-3

    7.3

         agentpp-7

    1.1

         agentpp-9

    5.9

I used another third party snmp agent on the same powerpc target and I see
422 snmp requests per second on an average getting processed and it
consumes CPU load of around 40%.

Regards,

Gangadhar S