[AGENT++] how to get the origin client address at agentX client site

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Thu Aug 29 20:58:10 CEST 2013

Hi Claus,

The AgentX protocol does not provide that information. Thus, you will never
be able to get it in the subagent.

One workaround is would be to let the client put in its name/address into
a managed object defined in a MIB specification and managed by the subagent.

(Using the client IP address in an agent is not deemed to be good design
by the IETF)