[AGENT++] Wrong oid problem in get-response when get-next-request asks for 6 oids

Frank Fock fock at agentpp.com
Sat Dec 7 14:02:08 CET 2013

Hi,

The "wrong" OID could be potentially caused by:

* an exception value (endOfMibView), which will return the requested OID
with a Null
    value and the exception syntax to the command generator.
* an incorrect registration of an object (objects key has been changed
after it has been registered)
* an update of an affected table row while the request had been
processed by the agent (highly
depends on the table's index and the OID value in the GETNEXT request).
* a memory fault in the instrumentation code (most likely to
insufficient synchronization), that
affects the memory of the responded OID.
* a software bug in AGENT++ - but we did not encounter such a bug for
years and the relevant
code is stable for years now.

What did you check with the snmpd (NET-SNMP) agent? Are you using NET-SNMP?
Can you please send more details? How is the target MibEntry defined?
What is the request
OIDs?