[AGENT++] Additional Description for the Questions About SNMP++

Zhang Xu zhangxu849 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 1 13:59:31 CEST 2013

Dear all,

I’ve not got the answer until now:)
Maybe it is because I didn’t make my questions clearly firstly, here I refine my questions as follow, kindly wish someone can answer them.

I’m developing a project, let’s say it is project A, I am planning to link project A to SNMP++ library and invoke the APIs provided by SNMP++. All I questions are about the last sentence of the license declaration for SNMP++, the last sentence says ‘User hereby grant a royalty-free license to any and all derivatives based upon this software code base’. I cann’t understand the meaning of this sentence, the qustions I’ve been wondering are:

If my project A linked to SNMP++ library:

1. Is project A a part of ‘the derivatives based upon this software code base’ ?
2. Provided that the project A has linked to SNMP++, let’s say it is project A’, does I have to grant a royalty-free license to project A’ ?
3. Does the project A’ have to be fee free? Can we charge a fee on it?
4. If the project A’ has to be fee free, which mode is the one that has to be fee free? The binary of project A’ or source code of project A’ ? or both?

        Expecting the reply, thanks in advance.

Best Regards.