[AGENT++] AGENTPP Digest, Vol 116, Issue 1

Jochen Katz katz at agentpp.com
Wed Jun 11 22:42:42 CEST 2014

Hi,

> - Why am I need to use SNMPv3 for Production use anyway?

because SNMPv1 and v2c do not support encryption/authentication.

> - I compiled the Agent++ and the SNMP++ with the SNMPv3. Unfortunately I´m still getting these errors.
> - I´m working with the untouched Examples so the community Strings are „public“ (or am i wrong?).
>

> Where can i specify the Ports?

The snmp++ consoleExamples accept the port through the -P option.

> I Start the Agent++ static_table Example and getting
> (1) Error   :  UsmUserTable:  Unsupportet privProtocol:  (3)
>
> Then i Start the SNMP++ snmpDiscover Example which can´t find the Agent.

These errors are caused by the change of config_snmp_pp.h. If you want
to disable SNMPv3 use "configure --disable-snmpv3".

One possible cause for the timeout could be IPv6: The agent listens on
"0.0.0.0" and if "localhost" resolves to "::1" the request will not
reach the agent.