[AGENT++] agent++ 4.0.6 on CentOS 7 1511

James Dabbs jdabbs at criticalresponse.com
Thu Dec 8 21:25:26 CET 2016

I'm attempting to install current versions of *libdes*, *snmp++* and
*agent++* onto a *CentOS 7 *development machine.

I can make and install libdes, and also snmp++ (using autoconfig),
verifying the headers and libraries end up installed where they're
supposed to be.

But when I install agent++, ./configure fails.  Here are the last few
lines of the output of the ./configure log :

checking for shared library run path origin... done
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking if libsnmp++ is wanted... (cached) yes
checking if libsnmp++ wants a prefix... (cached) no
checking for snmp... no
checking if libsnmp++ is in /usr/local... no
checking if libsnmp++ is in /usr... no
configure: error: Cannot find suitable libsnmp++ library

This all worked fine under Ubutu server 16.04 LTS, but agent++ hits a
snag on CentOS 7 1511.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!