[AGENT++] AgenPro allows BITS without any enumerations

Broderick, Don donb at mitre.org
Thu Aug 10 19:47:03 CEST 2017

AgenPro v4.1.1

According to RFC-2578 BITS must have at least one enumeration but AgenPro with full SMI standards check  will allow a MIB with no enumerations for a BIT object.  Is my interpretation of RFC-2578 incorrect?

    Syntax ::=   -- Must be one of the following:
                      -- a base type (or its refinement),
                       -- a textual convention (or its refinement), or
                       -- a BITS pseudo-type
                   type
                | "BITS" "{" NamedBits "}"

    NamedBits ::= NamedBit
                | NamedBits "," NamedBit

    NamedBit ::=  identifier "(" number ")" -- number is nonnegative

Thanks,
DonB